We strongly encourage you to review the Program Guidelines before applying. Funding priorities, criteria and eligibility of expenses do change from time to time.
COMMUNITY GRANT PROGRAM
CGP GUIDELINES (English) CGP GUIDELINES (French) - The Community Grant Program guidelines provide information on the activities this program supports, CIF’s current priorities, who is eligible to apply, application deadlines and amounts, the application and review process, and eligible and ineligible expenses.
CGP Application Guides - The information in this guide is designed to help you complete your Community Grant Program application as easily as possible!
CGP Sample Application - This sample application is based on a successful Community Grant Program application. It is designed to assist you in the application process by providing an example of several of the features we are looking for in an application!
The Community Grant Program supports projects and initiatives that:
- provide positive opportunities for children and youth to grow and develop skills, self-esteem, and a healthy lifestyle;
- include physical activity and problem gambling initiatives;
- ensure families have access to support and resources to create healthy, caring and safe environments;
- celebrate the history and accomplishments of Saskatchewan communities;
- encourage and support individuals to become involved as active citizens, volunteers, and community leaders; and
- strengthen Saskatchewan’s nonprofit sector.
Summer Grants are intended to support activities and programs for children and youth that occur between May 1 and August 31. The types of projects typically supported include summer camps and day programming during the summer months that offer positive recreation, arts, culture and learning opportunities.
The CIF's funding priorities continue to benefit urban and rural Aboriginal peoples, newcomers, and individuals challenged by financial constraints, accessibility issues, or other barriers.
MAXIMUM Community Grant Program Grants:
- Annual - Local Grant: $25,000
- Annual - Provincial Grant: $50,000
- Summer - Local Grants: $5,000
- Summer - Provincial Grant: $10,000
Local projects benefit residents in and around one town, city or region. Provincial projects may either be delivered in two or more regions or involve participation from across Saskatchewan. Find your CIF REGION by community or view the REGIONAL MAP.
COMMUNITY PLACES AND SPACES PROGRAM
The final deadline for this program was October 1, 2016
If you applied for the CPS program at the October 1, 2016 deadline, please click here for information on the application review process.